North Carolina A&T State University has several options to assist students in need of financial support. Financial support is available in the form of scholarships, grants, federal work-study, and loans. If you think you will need assistance, you are encouraged to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). N.C. A&T University's Federal School Code is 002905. An FSA ID is required to complete the FAFSA.
Learn more about Financial Aid and Scholarships.
To be eligible to receive financial aid assistance, the applicant must:
- Be admitted and currently enrolled at least half time as an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Be enrolled in a degree-seeking program at N.C. A&T.
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen.
- Currently maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) toward the completion of his or her academic program.
- Not be in default on any prior student loans; do not owe a repayment on any Title IV financial aid.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The priority filing date is March 1st.
- Not have been convicted as an adult of possessing or selling illegal drugs.
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships is committed to recognizing the academic achievement of incoming transfer students through a variety of scholarships and grants. Prospective students who have met all university requirements for regular admission will be automatically considered. The application for admission to the university serves as the application for transfer scholarships; therefore no separate application is required.
Financial Aid Resources
The National Student Loan Data System allows you to review your borrowing history and learn how to manage your student loan debt. You will need to have your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA) ready. If you don't have an FSA ID, you can create one on the site.
The Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships serves as a resource for prospective and current students seeking scholarship funding. The primary task of the scholarship office is to administer university-wide merit-based scholarships. In addition, the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships serves as a clearinghouse for scholarships awarded by academic departments and third-party outside agencies.
Contact Information for the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
Dowdy Administrative Building, Suite 100
1601 East Market Street
Greensboro, NC 27411
Phone: 336-334-7973 or Toll-free 800-443-0835
Office Email Addresses